Craving for Chicken Biryani but don’t have enough time to prepare it? No worries, give a try to this Chicken pulao recipe. Just mix up all the easily available ingredients like chicken, rice, some spices, and boom… your amazing dish is ready within an hour. You can try this chicken recipe on lazy weekends, kitty parties, anniversaries, etc. when you don’t want to spend all your time cooking but also want to enjoy your day with some yummy and delicious food.
Now let’s begin to prepare Chicken Pulao step by step.
Servings: 4 | Preparation time: 1 hr
Ingredients of Chicken Pulao:
- Basmati rice/Normal rice – 1 and 1/2 (or) 2 cups
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped tomato – 1
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Green cardamom – 4
- Star anise – 1
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 4 (or) 5
- cloves – 4
- Cinnamon – 1/2
- Jeera – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
For Chicken Marination:
- 450 grams of chicken
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chili powder -1tsp
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, add chicken masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, 1/2 tsp of ginger-garlic paste. Mix it well and place it in the refrigerator for about 15 mins.
- If you are using Basmati rice, wash and soak it in enough water for 20-30 mins, and if you are using normal rice, wash and soak it in enough water for 10-15 mins.
- Add some oil to a non-stick pan and heat it on medium flame. Add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, green chilies, poppyseed, and star anise to it and mix them well.
- Now add the chopped onions, green chilies, and saute them till onions changes to light brown.
Add half of the prepared ginger-garlic paste and saute for 1-2 mins and then add turmeric powder into it and saute for few seconds.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook until the ingredients mix well in it. Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, chicken masala, and saute for a few minutes on high flame.
- Add yogurt and cook for about 4 mins.
- Add rice and 5 cups of water to it along with turmeric powder and the remaining ginger-garlic paste. Put some salt and mix well.
- Cover the saucepan and cook on a medium flame for 20 – 25 minutes or until the rice and chicken is completely cooked.
Follow all the steps properly and there you go…
The delicious Chicken pulao is ready to serve. Serve it on a plate, squeeze lemon on it and garnish it with some coriander leaves.
You can also check: Chinese Veg Noodles
Hope you would enjoy the recipe and if you try this, please do take a picture and share it on Instagram with #thefoodiecook. I really want to see it.